- 195798 - General Laborer
- Up to $19.90 DOE
- 2 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a General Laborer for an opening in Walton. KY.
1. Bonding - Bonds aircraft interior structures and parts
2. Cleaning - repairs aircraft interior structures and parts for shipment
3. Decor - applies decorative material
4, Electrical Installation - installs and attaches aircraft interior electrical components using engineering drawings, company and customer specifications
5. Fill & Fair/Sanding - prepares aircraft interior parts for decorative material application by filling and fairing plastic, metal, and composite parts and units using filling material
6. Product Tester - performs product testing
7. Edge & Fill - applies edge fill and/or inserts and insert adhesive to panels per engineering drawings and company procedures
8. Lay-Up - constructs aircraft interior parts by laying-up resin impregnated reinforcements (glass, carbon, etc), film adhesives and core in a sequence and processes in an oven as described on engineering drawings and company specifications
9. Maintenance/Repair - maintains and fixes tools and machinery
10. Production Worker - perform various construction tasks
11. Warehouse - Perform daily stockroom activities including material transactions, put-away and cycle counting
12. Sheet Metal - fabricates parts, assemblies, and systems with a variety of materials, processes, and equipment
13. Painting/Spraying - Applies paint, paint primer, décor adhesive, décor primer or other coatings to plastic, metal, wood, and composite aircraft parts and structure using regulated spray equipment
Experience: 0-2 years
Entry-level job with little or no prior relevant experience
Work is prescribed and completed with close supervision and little autonomy
Rotating 12 hour shift (6AM-6PM or 11AM-11PM), Rotate from 1st to 2nd shift every 6 weeks
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.