- 195834 - Sr Spec, Project Engineering
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 8 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr Spec Project Engineering for an opening in Northampton, MA
Lead the technical activities of a design team on a developmental program. Work closely with Program Manager, Engineering groups, Manufacturing department and other departments as necessary to expedite project completion and facilitate the overall operation of project team. Essentially act as the Integrated Product Team Lead.
• Facilitate the overall operation and performance of a project team.
• Provides coordination between resource managers/supervisors and Program Manager.
• Provide technical leadership acting as an IPT Lead working with a Chief System Engineer on issues related to subcontractors, suppliers and customers, supports management of the technical risks and opportunities to optimize program performance.
• Ensure that all technical contractual obligations or project baseline requirements are fulfilled, reviews program documentation and other work products created by the program team.
• Work with Program Manager and Lead Engineers to assure adherence to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• Provide timely status updates with milestones, issues with plan of resolution to management team
• Contacts are primarily with Engineers, Program Managers, Operation Managers and acts as the primary technical contact for the customer.
• Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and techniques.
• Prepare and monitor engineering project team schedules, plans and budgets, competent in understanding and reporting EV metrics.
• Estimate resource needs for developmental programs.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers.
• Conduct design reviews internally and with the customer
• Coordinate preparation of work breakdown structures, task descriptions, basis of estimates and other resources required to perform cost estimating.
• Support new business opportunities related to the product.
• Adhere to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Multi-Disciplined Team Lead Experience 10+ years after receiving Bachelor’s Degree
• Must have prior experience being a Technical / IPT Lead on a developmental program
• Prior experience mentoring engineers
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Computer System Engineering.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.