- 195888 - Fabrication Specialist A
- New Orleans
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Fabrication Specialist A for an opening in New Orleans, LA.
Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication and extrusion, tube bending and fabrication tasks. Performs composite lay-up, fabrication and assembly tasks. Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components. Assembles, repairs, modifies and installs various power plants and drive trains. Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products. Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products. Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests. Performs basic organic chemical conversion and paint preparation. Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements. Works on articles of moderate complexity using established drawings and requirements.
• Perform FOD (foreign object debris) monitoring tasks in support of the SLS
• Perform walk downs of the FOD area at the beginning of each shift
• Monitor tool controls and provide coaching on tool and part procedures
• Monitor personnel entering or exiting FOD critical areas
• Log in/out shop consumables, small parts and tools, verify proper tethering and stowage procedures are followed and perform FOD checks at the end of each shift
• Perform 5S/area organization tasks as assigned
• Escort suppliers and visitors throughout the factory as needed
This position requires the ability to obtain badging for NASA facility access.
• This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
• This position requires everyone to wear steel toed shoes.
• This position requires the individual to perform work in an operational complex while maintaining a safe manufacturing environment.
Individuals are required to train, understand, and observe extensive safety and process controls to help protect persons and equipment.
• This position may support a 24/7 maintenance operation.
• This position requires the ability to perform manual labor inside or outside throughout the year in a variety of extreme weather conditions.
• The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
• The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of
• approximately 35 pounds.
• Applicant may operate a forklift and mobile crane.
• The work shift and baseline work schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
• Applicant must be available immediately
This work assignment has been designated as "safety-sensitive" by the Client. Contractors assigned to safety-sensitive jobs at the Client site must first complete regulatory pre-placement requirements prior to reporting to assignment. Additionally, contractors assigned to safety-sensitive work will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with federal mandates.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.