- 195890 - Material Coordinator
- San Antonio
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 5 Material Coordinators located in San Antonio, TX.
• To process, verify, route, and appropriately store, order, deliver, track and maintain various supplies and materials in accordance with prescribed storage and delivery methods per Company and customer requirements.
• Performs tasks such as shipping, receiving, inspecting, driving, using material handling equipment, computer operation, etc.
• Able to read and interpret work orders, requisition part lists, specifications, shipping and receiving documents, etc.
• Ability to document and maintain material requisitions, picking instructions, etc.
• Able to apply basic mathematics to count, add, subtract, inventory parts and supplies, etc.
• Able to set up and operate a variety of hand tools: hammers, crowbars, wire counters, etc.
• Able to fabricate special containers as required for shipment of parts per Company and customer specifications.
• Able to set up and operate a variety of simple measuring devices: scales, etc.
• Able to operate company vehicles and other GSE equipment required for delivery and storing of material and supplies.
• Able to operate a terminal or computer to input, retrieve and interpret information regarding ordering, inventory and tracking of stock.
• Able to set up and operate stationary and portable barcode readers, pan stock counting and packing equipment and banding equipment.
• Able to operate overhead cranes, hoists, side loaders, forklifts, tow motors, etc.
• Maintain tools and equipment and work area.
• Able to consolidate parts and assemble into parts kits, hazardous material kits, tooling kits, etc.
• Able to prepare parts for storage according to procedures.
• Ability to stock and issue a variety of parts and crib items including sealers and hazardous materials.
• Ability to perform rough cutting and non-angular cutting of materials, primarily tubing.
• Ability to ride in picker machinery to high storage bins to store and retrieve parts.
• Verifies materials and merchandise as received against receiving documents: Reports discrepancies and damage.
• Routes materials to prescribed storage location in accordance with prescribed storage procedures.
• Conducts inventory of stored materials and reports deterioration/ damage.
• Removes and issues material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
• Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
• Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
• May order parts, tools, materials, and equipment as required to perform assigned duties.
• Responsible for complying with all rules and regulations concerning health and safety, tool control, FOD, contracts, facilities, housekeeping, inventory control and other pertinent coverages.
• Reviews and analyzes production scheduling requirements to determine products, materials, and actions necessary to ensure the availability of sufficient materials and hardware to meet schedules.
• Identifies, investigates, analyzes and determines best solutions and coordinates the resolution of problems to ensure adherence to quality standards, schedules and budgets for material costs.
• At times may perform in-depth analysis of complex problems related to material requirement, inventories, schedules and configuration control.
• Performs other duties as directed by supervision and management for the benefit of the company, program, and employee(s).
Requires 2-3 years stockroom/crib procedures experience for satisfactory performance.
Requires Computer experience and competency.
Able to use warehouse equipment.
Requires rotating shift/weekend support.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
FULL TIME/SECOND SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
This position will require the ability to obtain customer approval for access. Dual citizenship or prior citizenship of any other country may preclude ability to obtain access. A 3rd party background check relating to personal and business finances, residences, employment history, past drug use, prior military service, and criminal behavior will be conducted prior to a start date.
100% onsite opportunity
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.