- 195911 - Software Application Developer
- Remote Work
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Application Developer for an opening in Remote, SC.
• Develop valuable software solutions using the relevant, modern XP practices (i.e. pair programming, test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, build and test automation, etc.)
• Collaborate effectively within the operational constructs of a balanced team and Integrated Project Team (IPT) and across perceived functional organization teams.
• Work in partnership, virtually with teammates from our Boeing India site
• Develops effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
• Participate in design and code review sessions
• Work within project teams on iterative development that delivers high quality products
• Embrace an Agile mindset of relentless and continuous self-improvement
• Designs, programs, tests, implements, documents and maintains computing applications.
• Gathers and evaluates end user requirements.
• Writes and compiles code and constructs database objects based on documented design and analyzes information to determine architecture specifications, parameters for software compatibility, application security needs and other application architecture requirements.
• Modifies or upgrades applications to maintain software functionality.
• Identifies and resolves programming or application architecture problems.
• Reviews system performance and identifies and recommends improvements.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
• 5+ years of experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming in a high level language like C# or Java
• 2+ years of experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
• 2+ years of experience delivering software solutions to Production environment and writing quality, production ready code
• Experience with Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
PREFERRED DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Development experience with PLM-3DExperience software platform
• Visual Studio experience
• Ability to adopt SWEBP to improve efficiency
• Exposure to Cloud computing or microservices
• Exposure to DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD (Azure, GIT)
• Experience working on full stack development across all tiers of an application
• Thorough knowledge of SDLC - the overall software development process & methodology, tools, and techniques used to produce quality and secure software
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Exposure to Unit Testing and Integration testing or TDD (test driven development)
• Exposure to development on both Windows platforms and Linux/Unix platforms
Accredited technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.