- 195939 - Engineer Satellite Systems 3
- $62.32 to $77.90 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking four Engineer Satellite Systems 3's for an opportunity in Dulles, VA.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering or related field
- Ability to Develop Requirements and Concept of Operations,
- Be able to perform functional decomposition and model representations of systems
- Ability to write Specifications / ICDs / Spec Trees / Drawing Trees
- Ability to work with subsystem lead and vendors / subcontractors
- Perform trade studies and conduct various types of analysis (need to be able to interpret results)
- Ability to operate within Change Control Boards (understand that they are a member of a team and need to coordinate change)
- Ability to write Test Plans and Procedures
- Ability to work with a production team to support assembly integrate and test. Bonus points if they are willing to work directly on hardware
- Ability to work with an operations team to develop procedures and evaluate flight data. Bonus points if they are willing to work in a control room
Any of the following skills or experience are also preferred if possible but should not be used as a discriminator if the candidate has related experience:
- Engineers that have a background or experience with Thermal Management in a space environment
- Engineers that have an ECLSS background, does not need to be space environment. Need someone that understands air flow and convection as well as conduction
- Engineers that have worked complex interfaces
- Do they have strong data interface skills. Do they understand Ethernet, RS-422, 1553 formats
- Do they understand data flows (can they describe a system end to end). Do they understand the difference between an FPGA and a processor
- Do they understand time to effect when working in a closed loops system (i.e. the ability to send a signal to actuate a mechanism and how long it takes to get feedback on the mechanism)
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.