- 195964 - Configuration Analyst 1
- $61.36 to $76.71 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Configuration Analyst 1 for an opportunity in Plymouth, MN.
As a Configuration Analyst the work activities include supporting a wide variety of programs and projects across the Engineering and Operations Organization. The employee will be part of the Systems Engineering, Integration & Test Team in the control and release of a wide variety of documents and drawings in utilizing the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools of Teamcenter Enterprise Product Information Center (ePIC) and Teamcenter Unified Architecture (UA).
As a Configuration Analyst (CA) the applicant will be required to create and update Configuration Management Plans, Data Management Plans using Microsoft Word to process and release documents utilizing the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Teamcenter tools of Enterprise Product Information Center (ePIC) and Teamcenter Unified Architecture (UA). In addition, the candidate will be required to lead the Configuration Management/Data Management (CM/DM) discipline on programs and be able to support the various program or project Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in the area of adhering to proper CM/DM practices to help ensure company work instructions and processes are followed. Also, the CA will be required to enter new part number information into the Deltek Cost Point System to ensure parts and components can be procured to enable fabrication and build. Additional tasks will be to perform product configuration baselines and assessments within the Teamcenter ePIC tool, and able to lead various Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings in a business office environment. The generation, release, and delivery of Contract/Supplier Data Requirements Listings (CDRLs/SDRLs) to our Contract Group electronically will also be an important part of the responsibility of the CA to ensure that the delivered items meet contractual requirements. Other activities will include interfacing and coordinating with program managers, customers, suppliers, planners, design team members, and other various departments of the company.
• Associate's technical degree or bachelor's degree in Engineering is desired.
• Configuration Management (CM) Certification is highly desirable.
• A minimum of 2 years of work experience performing as a Configuration Analyst.
• Understanding and the proper application of the CM Standard of ANSI/EIA-649, as well as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Standards – Specifically ASME Y14.100, Y14.34, Y14.35, and Y14.5-1994 (or later).
• Able to assemble customer deliverables as CDRLs and SDRLs, as well as program data per the Program Management Plan (PMP).
• Able to support a variety of programs and able to multitask efficiently for the major milestone reviews on programs.
• Able to support various programs and projects during the same day and can quickly jump between tasks.
• Able to communicate clearly – both verbally and in writing effectively to management and cross functional team members.
• Knowledge of MIL-STD-31000 and the proper application for drawing generation and Technical Data Package (TDP) deliveries.
• Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) programs and projects as they relate to product design, Technical Data Package (TDP) releases, setting and capturing baselines (Functional, Allocated, and Product), CM/DM audits, and CM/DM control.
• Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools, such as Siemens Teamcenter Enterprise, ePIC, or Teamcenter Unified Architecture (UA).
• Knowledge of the Deltek Cost Point Tool for part and component entry and revision control for manufacturing and builds at the various sites.
• Familiar with drafting practices and design drawing interpretation, including program contract requirements application and verification.
• Analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment.
• Willing to learn new tasks and new responsibilities in the engineering and operations domain.
Associate's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.