- 196011 - Software Systems Administrator IV
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software System Administrator IV for an opening in Greenville, TX.
• Information System Architecture Planning
• Project identification, prioritization, and tracking
• Installation and hardening of systems and networks
• Routine monitoring and inspection of secured systems
• Configuration and management of backup technologies
• Installation, maintenance, integration, and backup/restore of key software development tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
• Hardware lifecycle management, including evaluating new hardware needs and making purchase recommendations
• Configuration instruction and procedure writing and peer review
• Support DevSecOps Strategy and implementation across a 400+ person engineering organization
• Manage Software Licensing and tracking across environments
• Support Configuration Management needs across various environments
• Prioritize findings and support categorization of findings and POAMs
• Senior experienced professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management.
• Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
• Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
• Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
• Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
Scripting such as bash, python, perl, vbs, PowerShell
• Network administration such as Cisco, HP, routing, firewalls, DMZ
• Repository and version control tools such as Bitbucket and GitLab
• Build automation tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Gradle, Maven, Ant
• Virtualization software such as Hyper-V, KVM, vmWare
• Containerization software such as Docker, Podman
• Orchestration service such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
• Monitoring platforms such as Nagios, Elastic, Splunk, Zabbix, etc
• Configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
• Cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, etc.
• Security standards such NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, DISA STIGS
• Accreditations such as Security+ CE, RHCSA, RHCE, MSCE
• Physical Security functions such as security briefings, physical inspection, access control
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Tracking and collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
• Coding: Java, C++, C, SQL
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.