- 196095 - Electrical Assembler
- Up to $35.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Assembler for an opening in Waco, Tx
Perform a wide variety of complex electrical installations, repairs and modifications on aircraft electrical systems.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
• Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. to install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of wire provisions, wire bundles and harnesses, power feeders, signal data lines, and fiber optic harnesses requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations
• Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with procedures
• Perform any repairs, rework and the incorporation of authorized changes. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
• Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards
• Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs
• Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Must adhere to policy regarding PPE (personal protective equipment)
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs.
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions Frequent exposure to noise.
• Must have own tools. If hired, tools must be shadowed. Frequent overtime may be required
• With H/S diploma or GED must have aircraft manufacturing electrical installation experience. Commercial Aircraft experience preferred, DOD experience will be considered.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.