- 196118 - Engineer Systems 3
- $54.24 to $67.80 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 for an opportunity in Huntsville, AL.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• 2+ years of systems engineering (Requirements or System Architecture) experience
• Principal Systems Engineer: requires 5 years with Bachelor of Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics.
• Capability to comprehend System Architecture and System Requirements (System Specifications - high level requirements to the lowest level of decomposition) in a model-based environment
• Capability to understand software systems interface documentation, interconnect diagrams, military standards, etc.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Model-Based Systems Engineering experience
• Experience with Cameo/MagicDraw
• Experience with DOORS
• Systems Engineering Experience in an Agile environment
• Missile Defense experience
• Experience in development of U.S. Army Air and Missile Defense systems (e.g., IBCS, PATRIOT, MEADS)
• Detailed understanding of Track Management processes and behaviors
• Detailed understanding of Tactical Data Links (e.g., Link-16)
• Detailed understanding of Command and Control (C2) functions
• Detailed understanding of defense planning and task force laydowns
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.