- 196124 - Assembler
- $16 to $18.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Clearwater, FL
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and sub-assemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
• Uses microscope to verify correct part placement and orientation, manually align parts before soldering and perform post re-flow inspection and touch-up.
• Able to identify and touch up poor wetted solder joints, solder voids / insufficient solder, solder shorts/ bridges, misaligned parts / leads, tombstoned and or billboarded components and any out solder defects that may occur during the SMT operation.
• Must be able to read instructions and identify standard SMT components.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where some overtime may be required.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time and focus on tedious tasks.
• Must have basic computer skills and have the ability to use several windows based programs as part of your daily routine.
• Must have a minimum of 3 year of experience in a similar position and have above average surface mount and fine pitch soldering skills.
• Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time to perform inspection / solder repair.
• Must be able to read and interpret assembly drawings.
• Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Experience working in a LEAN Manufacturing environment
• Strong leadership, mentoring and training aptitude
• IPC-610 Certification
• IPC J-STD-001 Certification
4/10- 1st shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.