- 196158 - Engineer Embedded Software 2
- $49.74 to $62.17 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Engineer Embedded Software 2's for an opportunity in Linthicum, MD.
Candidate will work on software systems for mission systems in all phases of the software development lifecycle, primarily in C/C. Candidate will interface with systems engineering to develop flow down software requirements and technical specifications. Responsibilities include identifying risks, suggesting mitigation, tracking defects, developing resolutions, and reporting status. The candidate will also be expected to develop and execute unit tests and build verification test plans, and track and report test status. Additionally, the selected candidate will conduct reviews of software related products, software designs, and additional technical documents. The responsibilities include active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), design reviews, and other reviews, as required. The selected candidate will actively participate in the technical peer reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end to end system point of view. Individuals must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a team environment. Existing engineering and system specialists will be made available to assist with any activities associated with executing primary tasking. However, the selected individual will be expected to prioritize and make recommendations to Technical Leads, as required, to implement tasking assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
• 5+ years of software engineering experience.
• Experience working in C/C++
• Proficiency in working with real time embedded software
• Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance is required
• Experience in algorithmic application development and optimization
• Experience in real-time embedded software development knowledge of Radar, Electronic Warfare, or Space technologies
• Experience with VxWorks and/or Linux Operating Systems
• Experience with Visual Studio
• Experience with Matlab
• Experience with Coverity and/or KlocWork tools
• Experience in Open Architecture Solutions
• Experience with the Atlassian tool set, kubernetes, Model Based Engineering, and DevSecOps best practices
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week. Assignment is 100% on site at the Baltimore, MD campus - no remote work.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.