- 196164 - Chemist
- Up to $22.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Chemist for an opening in Rockford, IL.
· Completion of weekly production work orders
· Process documentation is maintained in the form of batch record sheets, reports and lab notebooks and the technician must contribute to and foster the development of a healthy cooperative environment
· Assisting more senior chemists with their work
· Collection and bulking of hazardous waste for the Rockford site
· Using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including a respirator (when required)
· Perform the water and solvent washing of chromatography resins/gels
· Support large scale production (10, 30, 50, 100 and 300 gallon reactors). Loading reactors, drum handling, large scale solids handling, filtration and centrifugation.
· Support medium scale production (1 liter to 72-liter reaction flasks). Set-up and use of medium scale (22, 50 and 72 liters) glass apparatus, large scale rotary evaporation
· Perform analysis of compounds and reaction mixtures using common methods:
(HPLC, GC, MS, UV/VIS, FTIR, NMR, TLC, IR, GCMS)
· Involvement in process improvement and development of production and test methods
· Participate on cross-functional project teams
· Occasional assistance in other departments such as the formulations lab and packaging may be required
· Completing metrology work orders as assigned
· Other duties include cleaning, assembling and disassembling equipment, involvement in process development, occasional assistance in other departments such as the formulations lab and packaging
· Other projects / duties as assigned
· A thorough understanding of chemistry at the undergraduate level
· Experience with general laboratory techniques such as distillation, filtration, closed transfer, reaction chemistry, crystallization, rotary evaporators, vacuum pumps/ovens and small/large scale glassware
· Analysis techniques such as TLC, pH, GC, GCMS, NMR, IR
· Ability to work with moisture sensitive materials
· Ability to safely handle flammable solvents
· Mechanical aptitude
· Ability to routinely lift 40 lbs
B.S. or B.A. in Chemistry, preferably from an ACS (American Chemical Society) accredited program
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.