- 196207 - Product Test Technician
- Up to $28.00 DOE
- 1 month
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Product Test Technician for an opening in Rochester, NY
Under the general supervision of the Product Test Team Leader, the Product Test Technician is responsible for conducting prescribed tests on technically complex and sophisticated SATCOM equipment. Obtain and set up testing equipment and panels in accordance to test run specifications. Test, troubleshoot and repair product failures. Analyze product circuitry in order to isolate component failure and provide detailed repair instructions. Document test readings and test conditions and evaluate returned products for product failure causes. Assist in the evaluation of testing procedures, testing equipment and work procedures.
• Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of production systems. May test various individual components used in systems.
• Adjust, calibrate, align, and test circuitry and components to ensure systems meet specifications.
• Test repaired equipment returned to the Company.
• Assist with final quality testing of finished systems to make sure each is functioning according to customer specifications prior to shipment.
• Maintain accurate documentation of product test results and update troubleshooting logs.
• Accept a dynamic work schedule at times, including nights and weekends.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Must have experience performing test and diagnostics using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVM, signal generators, power meters, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, frequency counters and other related test equipment.
• Knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook). Must be detailed-oriented and have the ability to multi-task to meet multiple deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential with the ability to interface with other departments.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedure manuals, professional journals. Ability to write reports, correspondence and document procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers, and customers. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, proportions. Ability to apply concepts such as basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally stoop or crouch, lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is that of a typical manufacturing facility with occasional exposure to dust, vapors, heat, cold and noise.
• Associate’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or equivalent from a technical school desired or military trained.
• One to two (1-2) years electrical/electronic RF technician experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.