- 196285 - Systems Engineer 5
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 5 for an opening in Huntsville, AL.
• Develop and evolve detailed requirements for the EKV, flowing those requirements to subsystems and units
• Manage the maturation of the design via disciplined systems engineering and design reviews
• Collaborate with government counterparts and supplier CEs and responsible engineers in support of program execution
• Manage the integration of the EKV via unit and subsystem selloff, installation and verification activities
• Test the EKV and performing analysis to demonstrate to the customer that all acceptance criteria have been met
• Develop the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes
• Address and resolve production and fleet sustainment technical issues
• Resolve cross-functional technical issues, FRB, MRB and RCCA.
• Systems Engineering experience
• BMDS and GMD or equivalent weapon system architecture, design, integration and verification experience
• Weapon system interceptor, payload, seeker or relevant vehicle experience
• Develop solutions to complex technical problems
• Exercise critical thinking and analytical skills
• Lead trade studies, and drive issues to closure
• Work with customers, program office, and interdisciplinary program teams
• Strong communication (both written and verbal)
• Engineering Leadership experience
• Must have an ENG Degree
PREFERRED DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Aerospace, System Engineering or Electro-mechanical engineering skills
• Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) skills
• 10+ years experience with engineering and test data analysis
• Product engineering design and verification authority, MRB and FRB certifications
Accredited Bachelor's degree with 14 or more years' experience, Master's degreee with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.