- 196355 - Machinist C
- $20 to $30.00 DOE
- 8 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machinist C for an opening in Alpharetta, GA
Responsible for planning, layout, setup, operating and making tool adjustments for a variety of major conventional or automatic machines. Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. Checks and inspects and builds machining operations against specified tolerances. May include work with fabrication, sheet metal operations, or machine hardware and assemblies. May also make recommendations concerning use of improvement upon materials and design.
Hiring manager looking for someone that has hands-on experience with more than
just CNC machines. Also needs to know how to repair and maintain machines and
• Remove broken screws, chase out threaded holes
• Repair damaged Zeus fittings
• Remove and replace Helicoils
• Design and develop 3D printed fixtures in SolidWorks and integrate metal supports to improve durability.
• Work in a team-oriented atmosphere with operators and engineers
• Provide input in the development and continuous improvement of maintenance procedures
• Communicate within and outside the department on matters that involve explaining complex assignments, solving problems and initiating process improvements.
• Work requires independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
• May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area
• Able to be thorough and pay attention to detail
• Able to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
• Maths knowledge
• Able to comprehend mechanical drawings and assembly work instructions
• Knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Design skills and knowledge
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to develop and bring to completion multiple assignments concurrently
• Strong computer, written and oral communication skills
• PVA masking machine experience
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.