- 196356 - Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- $105 to $115.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lead, Manufacturing Engineer for an opening in Wilmington, MA
• Leads the development and implementation of manufacturing engineering plans and projects related to the fabrication of reflective mirrors, structural assemblies, and mechanisms.
• Leads engineering project teams to coordinate the release of new products.
• Proof of strong problem-solving capability, people skills, and the ability to conduct presentations for management, technical experts, and customers.
• Collaborates with the Engineering function on material and processes that will enhance Design for Manufacturability and Test (DFMAT).
• Develops manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes including authoring detailed manufacturing instructions.
• Estimates and tracks manufacturing costs, along with initiating Continuous Improvement activities.
• Executes corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
• Provide engineering support for the assembly and integration of a variety of opto-mechanical and electrical assemblies for internal systems and external commercial customers.
• Support design engineering, analysis, program management and IPT leads on process development and proposal activities.
• Ability to work collaboratively and direct a team of highly skilled process/metrology engineers, technicians and manufacturing engineers.
• Create and deliver presentations for Peer Reviews, Manufacturing Readiness Reviews, internal management reviews, and customer reviews.
• Prior management or leadership experience
• Willingness to be flexible with schedule, including occasional overtime and/or extended shifts.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (Visio and Project a plus).
• Knowledge of program and project management techniques and tools.
• Familiarity with AS9100/ISO9001 industry standards.
• Experience in a Development or R&D Manufacturing environment.
• Lean (Green Belt, Black Belt) certification.
• CAD training (Solid Works/AutoCAD).
• Experience in lower volume manufacturing in the mechanical or optical fields.
• Gage, Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Knowledge of mechanical hardware, structural bonding, contamination control, process layout and procedure writing
• Fabrication and metrology of reflectors, lenses, composite and specialty metal structures (invar/titanium), opto/mechanical alignment
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology with a minimum of 20 years of relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 18 years of prior related experience.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.