- 196361 - Engineering Design 1
- $75 to $80.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Design 1 for an opportunity in Clearfield, UT.
As a Structural Design Engineer you will be able to design unique and complex parts and then be able to advise and assist as those parts are made and installed. You will have the unique opportunity of watching your designs go from concepts in CAD to detail parts and complete assemblies. In this fast-paced environment expectations are high and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of assignments. You will be able to see the implications of your designs as you observe them going through the various build stages and collaborate closely with the manufacturing engineers, system engineers, technicians and integration/test engineers. As a member of our team you will support metallic and composite design for both commercial and military programs. Working directly as a team member with other internal engineering disciplines and departments, you will design complex aerospace structures, address/resolve manufacturing issues, and ensure the on-time delivery of structures and assemblies to both internal and external customers.
• Research, develop, design, and document solutions to engineering composite and metallic components and assemblies
• Apply sound mechanical engineering judgement, concepts, and techniques to produce high quality manufacturable designs
• Maintain and improve part designs, equipment, and systems in support of production deliveries
• Support other functions throughout the design and build process
• Bachelor's in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 3+ years of relevant work experience or a Master's Degree in a STEM Discipline
• Experience with composite and/or metallic design
• Experience utilizing GD&T principles in detail part design
• Experience with 3D modeling software
• Experience with PLM software
• Experience with NX 3D modeling software
• Experience with Teamcenter PLM software
• Experienced designing parts and assemblies utilizing GD&T
• Practical understanding of composite structures
• General understanding of Aerospace practices, policies, and procedures
Bachelor's Degree in STEM discipline is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.