- 196364 - Contracts Lead
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $57 to $67.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Contracts Lead for an opening in San Diego, CA.
• Responsible for proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities for assigned contracts/programs.
• Serves as the primary communication conduit between Harris and the respective customers.
• Provides a proactive voice in the business process.
• Provides proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Analyzes material estimates, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepares bids and proposals.
• Prepares and conducts negotiations.
• Processes specifications, progress reports, and other reports.
• Advises management of contractual rights and obligations.
• Compiles and analyzes data as required. Maintains historical information for assigned contracts.
• Ability to clearly present information to broad audience, inclusive of management
Experience with international and commercial contracts is a plus.
• Knowledge of FAR, DFAR, ITAR, EAR, CAS.
• Negotiation experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
• Advanced education within the discipline, or MBA
• Demonstrated business acumen/finance experience.
• NCMA professional certifications (CPCM, CFCM, etc) are a strong plus.
BA/BS in a business or related field with 9+ years of experience in contracts management, preferably dealing with US Government contracts.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.