- 196396 - Propulsion Engineer 3
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Propulsion Engineer 3 for an opening in Everett, WA.
• Supports definition of requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems.
• Supports definitions, coordination and control of the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle.
• Supports development of specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• Supports design of propulsion sub-systems and components to meet all vehicle design and performance criteria.
• Supports use of various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
• Supports definition and performance of certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components.
• Supports fielded systems to assure continued reliability and airworthiness.
• Supports development of concepts for future propulsion systems to meet anticipated requirements. Works under general supervision.
• Minimum 6+ years of engineering experience
• Aircraft Systems Design Experience
• Knowledge of propulsion system analysis principles, processes, methods, and tools for aerospace vehicles and their components, including company and industry standards and practices.
• Knowledge of propulsion system components, interfaces and their design/integration variables, within aerospace vehicles. Ability to interface with engine and component suppliers.
PREFERRED DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with computer aided design software and tools.
• Knowledge of development, production and certification testing and/or qualification processes and procedures, including knowledge of governing regulations and compliance requirements.
• Experience coding in Python, C++, Linux
Accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.