- 196496 - Buyer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Manhattan Beach
- $45.02 to $56.28 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer/Material Analyst 2 for an opportunity in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Performs a variety of purchasing duties. Maintains records and files pertinent to purchasing information. Purchases routine, non-discretionary materials and supplies. Compiles, records, and tracks pertinent purchasing data. Compiles, records and tracks purchasing activities and pricing data. Checks deliveries of material ordered and shipments received. Within prescribed limits takes actions to ensure on-time delivery of material. Coordinates return of rejected or unsuitable orders. Responds to requests for purchasing data and status of material activities.
• Request and evaluate quotations/ proposals from suppliers for materials, supplies to process purchase orders
• Raise purchase orders in accordance with company policies and procedures, to support business and program requirements.
• Proactively interact with suppliers, to ensure that materials, supplies, and equipment are shipped and delivered on contracted dates.
• Management and maintenance of company and customer electronic Management Systems and associated applications, databases, processes and procedures.
• Ensure that all procurement issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner and to the satisfaction of the customers, both internal and external.
• High School Diploma and 4 years of related experience and/or additional education to equal at least 4 years
• Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated experience with procurement
• Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of an organization and with outside organizations
• Ability to work with minimal supervision while exercising good judgment, demonstrating flexibility and agility, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, calmly and confidently managing schedule conflicts, and providing excellent follow-through
• Previous supply chain experience
• Familiarity with Maximo CMMS, SAP system
High school diploma or equivalent.
School must be accredited.
9/80 - hybrid on site and remote.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.