- 196570 - Intermediate Documentation Specialist (Writing/Editing)
- $20 to $40.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Intermediate Documentation Specialist (Writing/Editing) for an opening in Nashville, TN
The role of Intermediate Documentation Specialist will be responsible for writing, rewriting, and/or editing technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Create, format, and update marketing materials and company policy/procedure documentation, as requested.
Maintain technical writing standards and follow processes throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Collaborate and confer with stakeholders to document subject material and technical specifications
• Research, propose, and implement customer-specific documentation solutions
• Actively participate in and integrate on teams committed to continuous improvement
• Initiate improvements in documentation
• Display advanced time-management ability
• Ability to manage revolving deadlines and meeting schedules for multiple assigned programs teams with minimal coordination by Documentation Manager
• Display advanced level of consistency in documentation quality with minimal supervision and need for correction
• Comply with and suggest improvements to document control management processes
• Standardize organizational documentation within assigned projects, as needed
• Monitor user feedback and implement improvements
• Develop, gather, and disseminate technical information
• Manage multiple documentation tasks with revolving deadlines
• Meet all deadlines
• May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by programs team members, peers, and/or the Technical Editing/Writing Manager
• Ability to comprehend, assimilate, and document numerous software applications, hardware functionality, and software/hardware integration independently
• Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent grammar skills
• Basic Interface Control Document, drawing, and schematic knowledge
• Advanced understanding of technical writing conventions
• Ability to comprehend and clearly communicate complex technical data
• Advanced documentation layout and formatting skills
• Highly motivated, independent individual
• Minimum 2 years’ experience using Adobe Creative Suite to produce digital/ print publications. Adobe InDesign experience is preferred, but not required.
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, such as English, Technical Writing, or Technical Communications preferred, but not required.
• Experience with Agile SCRUM process preferred, but not required
Full-Time- 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.