- 196573 - Information Systems Security Engineer, Senior Specialist
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer, Senior Specialist for an opening in Nashville, TN
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• The ISSE will be responsible to create and provide the government ISSM with the program System Security Plan (SSP), Continuous monitoring plan, Security Assessment Report, Privileged User's Guide, Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and other Risk Management Framework (RMF) security documentation
• The ISSE will be responsible for notifying the project team of appropriate security measures, identifying potential security weaknesses, recommending improvements to address vulnerabilities, and monitoring system security.
• Strong knowledge of security measures, potential security weaknesses and vulnerabilities, documentation and system security recommendations
• Excellent observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Ability to bring creative solutions to the customer (instead of problems)
• Ability to stay disciplined and focused on high-priority tasks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be productive and effective working independently or as part of a team
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Desire to work with a can-do attitude necessary to maintain the company’s awesome culture
• Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude
• Prior experience developing and updating Certification and Accreditation documentation and system authorization artifacts under the Risk Management Framework (CNSSI 1253/NIST 800-53, etc.) or previous C&A frameworks such as DIACAP/NIACAP/DSS ISFO and NISPOM Chapter 8
• Experience with DoD STIG’s, CIS Benchmarks, NESSUS, SCAP, ACAS, or other related hardening and compliance assessment tools to oversee the implementation and enforcement of security policies
• Experience with Windows and Linux client/server security administration and the underlying technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, and the security subsystem (IA&A)
• Experience in evaluating hardware security such as Trusted Platform features, EEFI/BIOS security, and sanitization measures
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or related technical field with 6 years minimum prior related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.