- 196590 - Mechanical Engineer
- CA-Central California
- $29 to $95.16 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for an opening in Palmdale, CA
Position is for a Vehicle Subsystems lead engineer. In addition to leading the Subsystems team, the successful candidate will spend the bulk of their time performing technical work on various subsystems. Experience with Architecture Design aspects of all air vehicle subsystems, Supplier Technical Management, Team Leadership, Customer Engagement, EV/CAM Duties and Demo/Development is highly desired.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
• Directing the technical activity of the Vehicle Subsystems design and integration and management of technical teams. The candidate must be comfortable planning technical tasks, including associated cost and schedule estimates.
• Position may include some travel in support of testing, customer meeting
Required skills :
• Catia experience
• Design and Development experience with at least 2 of the following Vehicle Subsystems: Architecture, Requirements, Design, Development, Integration, Testing, Flight Test, Communication and/or Power
• Prior experience in the design and integration of air-vehicle subsystems
• Ability to allocate functions to components to optimize subsystem packaging
• Familiarity with mechanisms, actuators, hydraulic and/or fuel systems
Desired skills :
• Documentation of subsystem requirements, preparation of procurement specifications and Statement of Work packages, and supplier selection for the following components
• Familiarity with reducing component volume and weight impacts on the system
• Understanding of communication architectures and software/hardware integration
• Establish qualification/acceptance test requirements
• Hands on hardware experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint), Spice, etc.
BS+9-15 YRS or MS+7-13 YRS
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.