- 196689 - Software Verification and Validation Engineer
- $50.66 to $54.30 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Verification and Validation Engineer for an opening in Skaneateles, NY.
JOB SUMMARY: As a member of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team serving as a Software and Verification and Validation Engineer, you will be responsible for coordinating, researching, and implementing changes to automated test systems used in medical device manufacturing. This includes software design and programming, validation, documentation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance. Additional activities include planning and executing system and manufacturing process validation and verifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, manage and support System V&V (Validation and Verification) activities for the Windows based computer test systems developed by the AME (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) team.
- Organize and facilitate meetings; write and review protocols; prepare reports; schedule and execute protocols.
- Work closely with Quality Engineering to assure compliance with established quality and regulatory requirements.
- Organize, research, provide content for and facilitate CCB (Change Control Board) meetings with stakeholders where proposed changes will be reviewed and solutions decided.
- Participate in design reviews maintaining records associated with validation requirements.
- Coordinate and perform changes to design documentation related to software and hardware.
- Implement changes for existing software and hardware and test their effectiveness.
- Organize, support, and prepare software code reviews.
- Setup, configure and install commercial and custom software on Windows computer systems.
- Assist manufacturing with maintenance, test and troubleshoot of deployed test systems.
- 4 years software development experience in C# and VisualBasic.NET
- Experience writing and executing system-level validation plans, protocols and reports
- Experience with National Instruments TestStand and LabVIEW
- Experience with Test and Measurement Equipment and instrumentation
- Strong technical writing & communication skills, with attention to details
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member and self-motivated individual contributor with a willingness to learn
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.