- 196755 - Technical Editor and Writer 3
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo
- $43.07 to $53.84 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Editor and Writer 3 for an opportunity in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Writes rewrites and/or edits flight manual technical documents such as flight procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of pilot and sensor operator audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, schematics, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
• 6 years’ experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; or 4 years with Masters and relevant experience. 10 years of relevant experience may be used in lieu of education.
• Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data and pilot procedures.
• Must be experienced with technical writing of aircraft flight manuals.
• Ability to gain proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, authoring software, and an ability to learn and become proficient with related software used for technical writing, project tracking, and presentations.
• Ability to research engineering data, technical manuals, and utilize subject matter experts, team members, and established processes to complete complex flight manual authoring, schedules, and related projects under very general supervision.
• Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends.
• Global Hawk pilot experience desired.
• Current/former pilot, with unmanned aircraft experience.
• Sensor operator, with unmanned aircraft experience.
• Flight and/or sensor operator experience, familiarity with unmanned ground control station (GCS).
• Experience in Quality Assurance or performing quality reviews of technical publications.
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.