- 196829 - Quality Assurance Engineer
- $20 to $48.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer for an opening in Clearwater, FL
Perform Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE) related duties in support of the RMS’s Supplier Quality Assurance organization for product delivered to the facility. Primary job responsibility is to support Receiving Inspection and Production Operations with engineering guidance related to inspection, product compliance, specification interpretation and defect disposition. This is accomplished by providing hands on support on products encompassing a wide range of electro-mechanical and electrical disciplines.
Additional SQE activities include review of program contractual and drawing requirements and flow down of requirements on purchase orders and providing support to Procurement for supplier quality activities on commodity and/or subcontract procurements. Also responsible for basic quality services including: supplier evaluation, verification of special processes, part acceptance planning, defect analysis, timely root cause and corrective action implementation for affected products. Implements preventive actions to reduce defects, analyzes effectiveness of supplier root cause and corrective actions to eliminate repeat escapes. Makes recommendations on potential supplier usage based on cost, inspection of facilities, risk assessments, and historical performance. Successful candidates will also need to provide reporting on hardware and supply chain quality metrics utilized to manage SQA and supplier performance. Some travel may also be required.
This specific position will support circuit card assembly (CCA) manufacturing and will focus heavily on printed wiring boards (PWBs) and other CCA components. A component engineering background, knowledge of PWBs, and familiarity with Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts including integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors is highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions, set priorities and provide direction in a dynamic business environment
• Desire to lead projects and informal teams
• Experience developing and maintaining positive working relationships with suppliers, internal and external customers
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and industry specifications
• Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis (RCCA) and process management
• Experience multi-tasking while working challenging projects from start to finish
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Knowledge of Supplier Quality and/or Quality Engineering
• Manufacturing processes, materials, and/or component engineering experience
• Experience with AS9100, ISO9001:2000, and first article inspections
• Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Familiarity with military specifications and engineering requirements
• Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts related background or field of study
• An understanding of EEE parts performance requirements and specifications
• Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
• Experience working with passive EEE parts, semiconductors, hybrids, integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors
• Experience working in P2P, SAP, Solumina and EPDM
BS+4-8 YRS or MS+2-6 YRS
This position has a highly desirable flexible 4x10 work schedule and, once fully trained, team members are able to work in a hybrid remote/on-site environment.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.