- 196882 - Composite Technician
- $20 to $30.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Composite Technician for an opening in Ashburn, VA
As a Composite Technician you will work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a focus on quality and attention to detail. Required tasks will include the organization and stocking of soft goods and supplies used for manufacturing. Operation of shop equipment including trimming equipment and material cutting devices. Direct hands on manufacturing of composite and mechanical parts.
This position supports a division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
• 40% of time – Operation of fabric cutting equipment for a variety of materials. Tasks required may include:
o Startup and shutdown of automated cutting equipment
o Loading and unloading of composite materials
o Machine operating a program driven 2-axis cutting machine
o Packaging and delivery of goods to controlled areas
o Interpreting and responding to organizational needs
o Identifying and controlling high volumes of materials
• 30% of time - Performs all duties required to assist with the fabrication and integration of composite parts and assemblies. Tasks required may include:
o Constructs wet layups and/or Pre-Pregs of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and/or Kevlar utilizing various methods such as compression molds, vacuum bagging, and compression bladders
o Assemble, Trim, Fit and Bond a variety of materials (composite, metal, or laminate) to parts, components, assemblies, equipment, or structures to complete semi-finished or finished products
• 30% of time – Assist with stocking of shop supplies, resins, fabrics. Become a point of contact for all supply and consumable needs directly interacting with multiple teams. Tasks required may include:
o Inventory and stock balancing initiatives
o Storage and delivery of a variety of different products
o Tracking and delivery of order requests and personnel needs
o Assist with facility related duties like equipment maintenance and cleanings
• Excellent people skills to include working in a diverse, and dynamic team environment
• Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
• Ability to learn to operate various shop equipment including cutting/grinding tools, drills, etc.
• Ability to learn and understand drawings, procedures, and/or schedules
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to accurately complete all required paperwork
• Familiar with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Experience working in an environment that implements lean practices
• Experience working in an environment that implements ESD and FOD controls
• Experience working in a warehouse or manufacturing type environment
• Composites fabrication experience or general fabrication experience
• Ability to safely complete all physical activities required in a manufacturing environment including, but not limited to:
o lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying approximately 25 pounds on a regular basis.
o walking, bending, sitting, standing, climbing, and reaching for prolonged periods of time on a regular basis.
o ability to seize, grasp, turn, hold, and operate manufacturing tools and equipment.
o Reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
High school diploma or equivalent
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.