- 197063 - Electrical Technologist I
- CA-Bay Area
- San Leandro
- $30 to $40.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Technologist I for an opening in San Leandro, CA.
Work with engineers and scientists' controls systems on production, testing and installation of control systems, Pulse Power equipment, X-ray Generators, and Digital Imaging. This includes both hardware and software aspects of x-ray generation and imaging systems. This is a senior-level position. Substantial use and application of basic principles, theories and concepts. Develops solutions to routine and non-routine technical problems of limited scope. Work with limited supervision. Follows instructions that may not be detailed. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, engineers, and scientists
1. Works in an industrial environment building and testing high-voltage electrical equipment
2. Assembles electromechanical, electrical, and mechanical products including wiring and cabling from schematics
3. Builds control cabinets and chassis from assembly drawings and schematics. Tests completed assemblies to confirm form fit and functionality via test procedures
4. Builds and repairs electrical cabling and wire harnesses
5. Integrates sub-assemblies into final system, including final acceptance testing
6. Operate X-ray producing equipment on inert, industrial samples
• 3-5 years' experience in a R&D environment working on electrical and electronics, and a HS Diploma/GED are required.
• Basic knowledge of electrical circuits, ionization radiation, and high voltage
• Proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Excel, etc.
• Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Willingness to meet customer needs
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• Experience with LabVIEW, cRIO, PLCs is a plus
• Technical background in NDT methods and procedures a plus
• Industrial Radiography Radiation Safety Personnel (IRRSP) certification a plus
o Physical Abilities: Use of arms, hands and fingers; lift and carry; focus on objects within 20 inches, shift focus and distinguish colors as needed to perform assigned experiments.
Must be able to solder electrical parts, connectors to wire assemblies. Training in IPC-A-610 and IPC-J-STD a plus
HS Diploma/GED are required, 2 years of post-secondary/associate degree a plus
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.