- 197079 - Senior Aeronautical Loads Engineer
- $50 to $65.00 DOE
- 11 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Aeronautical Loads Engineer for an opening in Waco, TX.
• Responsible for generating mass properties data, inertias and finite element models to determine inertial loads.
• Will compile aerodynamic data, mass properties data, dynamics data, and aircraft state data to provide combined load cases to distribute to the airframe models.
• Will develop structural design criteria data and documentation.
• Subtasks may include the generation of free-body diagrams, determination of reaction forces, preparation of shear and moment diagrams, execution of simulation tools, data processing and assimilation, and down selecting of critical conditions.
• Must interact with other functional engineering disciplines.
• Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
• Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
• Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
• Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
• Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
• In the event of anomalies, provide independent evaluation of root cause, contributing causes and recommended corrective actions
• General loads development for fixed wing and rotary aircraft.
• Development of mathematical models and simulations for loads analysis
• BSME, BSAE, BSCE + 9 years structural engineering experience in developing aircraft loads.
• Must have experience in finite element modeling and analyses codes. MSC PATRAN or FEMAP and MSC Nastran is preferred.
• Must have experience in Matlab or other scripting languages (Visual Basic, Pearl, Python, etc)
• Proficiency with Linux/Unix operating systems is preferred.
• Must be knowledgeable in Military and/or commercial certification requirements.
• Aircraft loads experience.
• Must have ground and flight test loads experience.
• Experience with ground and flight testing
• Experience with mathematical modeling and simulation.
• Experience with high performance computing, management of large sets of data
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.