- 197086 - Engineer Supplier Mission Assurance 1
- $32.45 to $40.57 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Supplier Mission Assurance 1 for an opportunity in Dulles, VA.
- In conjunction with the Supplier Management group, work with assigned suppliers to enhance and manage the quality, on-time-delivery (OTD), and responsiveness of our critical suppliers.
- Perform targeted process audits of suppliers to ensure capabilities are maintained for our contracts
- Develop healthy working relationships with key Supplier personnel (quality manager, account managers, etc), focusing on alliances that improve throughput and eliminate roadblocks that harm OTD or product quality
- Review nonconformance reports and develop Root Cause / Corrective Action plans, working with other engineering functions and suppliers as required.
- Identify trends and provide recommendations for corrective action for systemic issues
- Work closely with supplier personnel to ensure quality protocols are followed and documentation is correctly maintained during audits and inspections at their facilities
- Generate lessons learned and corrective action reports based on identified problems at assigned suppliers
- Develop new processes, where needed, and generate supporting documentation for ensuring standardized implementation.
- Track performance of assigned suppliers and/or processes and produce relevant metric packages for management review. qualify or disqualify suppliers in accordance with our internal standards (QSI-0602).
- Assist with developing training material for use in Supplier Assurance group
- Assist with PMRB meetings for assigned suppliers, work areas, or products. Act as PMRB meeting chair/lead when needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier management programs.
- Ensure consistent and clear communication with suppliers, vendors, and shipping contacts throughout the procurement lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 2 years experience in engineering function or equivalent work experience in technical field related to manufacturing, quality assurance, or engineering.
- Previous use and full comprehension of various Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa/Fishbone, FMEA, DOE, etc.
- Able to read engineering documentation and perform inspections to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and other types of engineering-developed instructions
- Knowledge and application of Lean Manufacturing Principles and/or Six Sigma Principles in some facet of work history
- Willingness to travel to supplier facilities and/or field sites for audit or inspection purposes
- Experience with TIPQA and/or Costpoint database applications, or experience using similar Quality System and ERP/MRP databases
- Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists
- Specific Lean or Six Sigma training from accredited institution.
- ASQ Certifications (CSQP or CMQE) or equivalent
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. First shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.