- 197089 - Engineer Embedded Software 2
- $45 to $56.25 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking five Engineer Embedded Software 2's for an opportunity in Melbourne, FL.
The software engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized embedded Mission Systems applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. In particular this role will support the Mission Software Team for Flight Systems Software.
Primarily focused on defect resolution and automated testing (python).
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5-years of experience in software engineering OR a Master’s degree in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3-years of experience in software engineering OR a PhD degree in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
* Experience developing software/writing code in C++
* At a minimum 1 year experience with Level 5 SRS testing via python scripting
* At a minimum 1 year experience with Vehicle management software or equivalent VXWORKS
* Experience developing software with Java and/or Python
* Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
* Familiarity with Program Test infrastructure code
* Experience developing software for safety critical embedded system – Target hardware
* Experience integrating and debugging software on target hardware
* Experience working within an Agile environment
* Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, CMake, and Eclipse
* Experience of 3-4 years with VXWORKS Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
* Familiarity with software requirements tools such as DOORS and Rational Rhapsody
* Detailed knowledge of Program Test infrastructure
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week. Core hours 9am-3pm
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.