- 197121 - Mass Property Engineer 3
- Oklahoma City
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 Mass Property Engineers for openings in Oklahoma City, OK.
The candidate will provide mass properties analysis support to Stress, Design and the Loads teams on the vast array of modification programs being performed to client Military Derivative Aircraft (AEW&C, AWACS, C-32/C-40, E-4B, VC-25A) and the Bomber fleet (B-1B, B-2, B-52) as well as travel to vendor or client modification sites to perform aircraft surveying, weighing, and control surface balancing activities.
• Aircraft weight and balance report generation
• Knowledge of 707, 737, 767, 747 or similar platform interior compartments and standard hardware
• Design analysis using Catia V5
• Aircraft weighing
• Aircraft control surface weighing and balancing
• Fuel system management for c.g. control
• PC platform computer skills, especially with Excel and Word
• Possess good interpersonal communication (written & verbal) skills in a team oriented environment
• Ability to interact professionally with customer, supplier, field & production representatives
• Support overall product integration recognizing Design impacts to allowable aircraft weight and c.g. limitations and provide recommendations in those Designs
Experience in 3D design tools such as CATIA V5 and the understanding from beginning to end of a product’s design and aircraft integration process is desirable.
Experience on aircraft avionics / antenna / radar development program(s) is a plus.
Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
The successful candidate would be highly motivated and must work well in a team environment.
Accredited Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering. ABET in aerospace engineering is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.