- 197212 - Aircraft Maintenance D, Electrical
- Up to $35.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance D, Electrical for an opening in Waco, TX
The successful candidate will possess at least 8 years of experience (or equivalent, see qualifications) on aircraft electrical assembly and electrical system testing. Relevant experience includes lay out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring or coaxial cable on aircraft, vehicles or transportation equipment in accordance with drawings, tech manuals or other written instructions. Additionally, candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn, ability to comply with written policies, procedures and other instructions.
You will demonstrate success by:
• A thorough understanding of aircraft drawings and maintenance manuals
• In depth knowledge of tools required to perform this job function
• Great familiarity with general industry standards on quality expectations and ability to proficiently self-inspect completed work
• In depth knowledge of aircraft electrical systems and assembly principals and techniques
• Ability and willingness to train and mentor lower level technicians
• General knowledge of military aircraft FOD and Tool Control requirements
• C-130H and C-130J Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM), or modification experience a plus
• G550 Structure and Modification a plus
• 737 C Check and Modification a plus
• Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
• Performing electrical modifications, aircraft inspections or repairs, sometimes in confined spaces.
• Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary. Sometimes in confined spaces.
• Use of company computer systems for work documentation and retrieval of production related documents.
• May substitute 2 years of experience with completion of Airframe and Power plant schooling or A&P certificate
• Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles. Requires flight line physical.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to read and write the English Language
• Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
• Must possess mechanical skills and have the ability to assemble close tolerance part using hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet guns.
• Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved.
BS plus applicable experience
These positions will be for both day shift and night shift, so could be working either 0600-1630 or 1600-0230 M-Th and if they are working OT 0600-1430 or 1400-2030 Fri-sat.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.