- 197403 - Flight Readiness Technician B
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 50 Flight Readiness Technician B's for an opening in North Charleston, SC.
This position is 100% onsite.
Performs final component installation and systems operational functional testing. Performs rework, modification, maintenance, preflight and post-flight checks for delivery. On this assignment teammates are expected to work safely with the highest quality and integrity. Collaborate with humility inclusion and transparency and respect one another and advance a global, diverse team. The assignment requires teammates to perform final component installation and systems operational functional testing. Performs rework, modification, maintenance, preflight and post-flight checks for delivery.
1-7 years of experience in the following:
1. Pre Flight- Post Flight- troubleshooting- working on live aircraft
2. Aircraft maintenance and repair
3. Major dispatch services
4. Knowledge of live aerospace vehicle operations, environment and support. This includes pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and propulsion systems operations.
5. Knowledge of aircraft maintenance processes, policies, culture, and standard practices (e.g., return to service, normal duties/responsibilities, time constraints, available resources) in order to effectively represent the operator within the company.
6. Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Operations departments/disciplines (e.g., Fabrication, Assembly, Tooling, Quality, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering). Knowledge of the interactions between departments/disciplines and how their products/processes affect one another and impact non-operations processes (e.g., Engineering, Business, Logistics).
7. Knowledge of quality systems (e.g., inspection process, Boeing quality procedures).
8. Knowledge of regulatory authorities' (e.g., FAA, JAA, UK CAA) rules, regulations, flight test procedures, and philosophy.
9. Must be able to stand, lift up to 35lbs and climb stairs
10. Will be working outside in the elements 100% of the time- Outside on the flight line in all seasons.
11. 787 or composite aircraft experience required
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
Must be available to work 1,2,3 shift as business needs change
Typical shift times:
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.