- 197667 - Integrated Logistic Support Engineer
- Northampton. MA
- $30 to $40.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Integrated Logistic Support Engineer for an opening in Northampton. MA
The primary function of the ILS Engineer is to develop logistics support material and a logistics support strategy that influences the engineering design process in order to improve product reliability and maintainability, lower life cycle cost and decrease the demand for logistics support.
• Review project/contract Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Reliability & Maintainability (R&M), Safety, and Human Factors requirements, and plan related analyses and activities.
• Perform in process ILS reviews with customers and program management.
• Develop ILS, R&M, Safety, and Human Factors documentation including relevant plans, scheduled/corrective maintenance procedures, spare parts lists, and tools & test equipment lists.
• Prepare training plans and training curriculum, and present training courses.
• Contribute to the development of Technical Manuals and Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals.
• Contribute to the development of the Standard Parts Catalog, and support part selection for product design efforts and obsolescence analyses.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and techniques.
• Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
• Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in the program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
• Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
• Familiarity with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures
• Meets eligibility requirements to access US classified information
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (ability to assist training customers on system operation and maintenance)
• Works well with management, peers and subordinates
• In support of the development of ILS products, the following experience is beneficial: experience with Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office, Abobe Illustrator and Structured Authoring Software
• Logistics/Technical Experience
• Experience with Microsoft Access
• Knowledge of Periscope and Optronic Systems
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.