- 197972 - Engineer Software 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $56.84 to $71.05 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Engineer Software 3's for an opportunity in Azusa, CA.
• Communicate and work effectively with team members in an agile and dynamic team environment
• Perform on project tasks with minimal guidance supporting junior team members
• Test and integrate software written in various computer languages such as C++ and Python.
• Meet project milestones while ensuring software test standards are met
• Assist with root cause analysis of software bugs
• Develop knowledge of critical areas of the software system
• Interface with other groups and subject matter experts within and outside of the project
• Participate in the day-to-day support of the program in resolving critical/urgent program/technical issues
• Maintain the test environment, security posture, and work with System Administrators to diagnose network issues.
• Help developers setup the appropriate environment to help recreate issues and prove problems are resolved after fixes are implemented.
• Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Strong analytical skills to decompose requirements, determine test methodologies, and assess performance test data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience writing Requirements Verification Plans, Test Plan & Procedures, analyzing requirements for testability.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Experience in working with Linux & AIX platforms
- Proficiency in software configuration management and version control tools such as ClearCase, ClearQuest, and Git
- Proficiency in Agile development concepts, methodologies and tools such as JIRA
- Ability to work well in a team.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with SIQT and Ruby.
- Experience with scripting, automating tests and DevSecOps.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.