- 197984 - Software Engineer 2
- $46.64 to $58.30 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 2 for a contract opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
The successful candidate for this position will design, implement and administer DevSecOps software factories. Support the design, procurement and instantiation of a Software Factory to operate across a multi-site network. Monitor and maintain the operation of the software factory to support high reliability program execution and manage user accounts. The candidate will develop and maintain automation pipelines. The candidate will also be expected to interact with the other divisions within the company, partner organizations as well as the end customer.
• Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience.
• Candidates should have experience with large software systems and the full software development lifecycle
• Experience with build tools (i.e., Maven, Ant, GNU make) and/or continuous integration environments (i.e., Jenkins, GitLab, Bamboo) and/or repositories (i.e. Nexus, JFROG)
• Experience with Windows and Linux/Unix administration
• Prior experience with DevOps and/or Software Factory implementation
• Familiarity with scripting languages (i.e. PERL, Python, Bash, YAML)
• Proficiency with Linux and Linux based software development tools
• Experience with virtualization (i.e. VMWare)
• Experience with Client/Server application software development
• Experience with Virtualization technology
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Chef or equivalent
• Experience with CMM/SEI or equivalent software development process
• Integrate complex systems that facilitate continuous build, continuous integration, continuous test, continuous deployment
• Direct Experience with build tools (i.e., Make, Gradle) and continuous integration environments (i.e., Jenkins, GitLab, Bamboo)
• Strong direct experience background in Agile methodology
• Experience with source code configuration management tools (i.e git)
• Ability to automate software builds and releases
• Experience with spacecraft or launch systems software development is highly desired.
• Certification from VMWare and Cisco is desired
• Experience using Amazon Web Services, Azure, including using AWS native services (Cloud Formation, S3, etc.) is a plus
• Experience with concepts such as micro services (including scalability best practices), containers, and container orchestration using Docker or Kubernetes
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
• CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent
• CISSP certification or equivalent
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week. Hybrid position.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.