- 197994 - Data Loss Prevention & Categorization (DLP) Engineer
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Data Loss Prevention & Categorization (DLP) Engineer for an opening in Huntsville, AL
Provide data protection and categorization expertise to business COEs, Legal and IT to implement data loss prevention security controls, classification and monitoring.
Typical Job Duties:
- Maintain Data Loss Protection (digital guardian) and Data Categorization (Titus) security related toolsets
- Research technologies like cloud, Azure, O365, Splunk, AWS and align technology to security direction/guidelines like NISPOM, DFARS 252.204-7012 to help understand approach
- Collaborate with peers and operational partners on all aspects of DLP security and implement rules and configuration changes to enforce data categorization at the user level and include visual markings and metadata tags to control the information in the network. This includes emails and documents to prevent disclosure.
- Serve as a technology subject matter expert for internal and external stakeholders and provide recommendation for changes to meet requirements
- Ensure that all integration of functions meet business goals and IT requirements
- Define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process enhancements
- Recommend product customization for system integration
- Identify problem causality, business impact and root causes
- Provide production support and break-fix resolution
Subject Matter Expertise with DLP capabilities such as: Data Discovery, Data Tagging, Data Classification, Data Segregation, and Data Loss Prevention Subject Matter Expertise with DLP capabilities covering data at rest, data in use, and data in transit Hands-on experience and security knowledge of one or more operating systems: Windows, Linux, AIX, macOS, etc...
Automation and Orchestration experience with managing server and workstation infrastructure at scale Experience with at least one scripting/programming language: PowerShell, shell scripting, python, etc Experience integrating disparate systems using APIs Experience with DLP technologies and their integration with network platforms, such as Firewalls, UTMs, and proxies Experience with network segmentation and/or security zones for applicable data protection according to data classification Good working knowledge of Authentication protocols such as: Kerberos, SAML, OAUTH, etc Working knowledge of information systems security standards: (NIST Special Publications, NISPOM, Risk Management Framework, etc.) and practices (e.g., access control, system hardening, system auditing, log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling) Ability to interpret information security data and processes to identify potential compliance issues Ability to quickly understand complicated data flows in order to identify and validate security requirements Must be a team player and willing to establish a strong positive working relationship with all areas of the business Ability to work effectively, independently or with minimal supervision Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
Ability to clearly communicate Information Security matters to executives, auditors, end users, and engineers using appropriate language, examples, and tone.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 5 years' of information systems security or related Data Loss Prevention and Titus Data Classification experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.