- 198072 - Engineer Systems 3
- $56.96 to $71.20 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Systems Engineer 3's for an opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
BIT & CAL can involve any/all parts of the sensor system – BIT modes confirm functions or systems are working properly and Calibrations allow capture and correction or compensation for any errors so that sensor performance levels are not impacted.
The Sr. Principal Systems Engineer will have responsibilities that span the system BIT/Calibration development cycle, which includes: Deriving BIT/Calibration requirements; Design of the BIT/diagnostic and calibration mode; Test effectiveness modeling and analysis; Software development and integration; Verifying embedded implementation of the BIT/Calibration mode. Responsibilities may also include producing publication-quality documentation and supporting Factory Test activities, System Integration & Test, and field support.
Candidates should be highly motivated engineers who can work both independently and in team environments. The sensor systems, simulation software and workflow is fairly complex therefore strong problem solving skills are desired. The role is multidisciplinary in nature and provides tremendous technical growth opportunities.
• -Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline with 9 years of relevant experience or 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree
• -Working knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes
• -Domain experience in sensor simulations for RF sensors
• -Experience with integration and test of RADAR, SIGINT, or EW systems; and familiarity with latest test equipment and tools
• -Greater programming experience in MATLAB and C/C++.
• -Ability to effectively communicate and present complex technical concepts to project, program, and company management, other technical managers, and customers
• -Excellent technical writing and team building skills
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week. 100% onsite.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x306 or (800) 927-9318 x306
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.