- 198121 - Systems Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- $50 to $90.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer for an opening in Camden, NJ
The Information Assurance Systems Engineer is an ideal position for those with either Systems Engineering academic or industry experience in the design, development, and test of Information Assurance solutions for Defense and Intelligence community customers. The successful candidate will possess both expertise in Systems Engineering as well as in Information Assurance, Security, and Cryptography. Demonstrated history of success in developing NSA Approved products is highly desirable.
Within the Security engineering context, his or her primary responsibility will be performing Concept of Operations development, Requirement’s decomposition/synthesis, Architecture Development and analysis, and security test planning and execution.
• At least 6+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering of Information Assurance systems/products
Excellent verbal and written communications skills; works with others to coordinate efforts, influence and resolve cross-team issues and effectively communicate changes.
• A complete understanding of the systems engineering process from concept phase through systems test. Must be adept at: Architecture Development, Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing).
• Proven track record of success and experience in the architecture, design, analysis, integration, and test of NSA Approved Type 1 Certified systems or equipment.
• Ability to act as a single Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Information Assurance, Security, and Cryptography.
• Exceptional security architecture development skills; specifically including the ability to make complex design trade-offs affecting system security
• Experience negotiating security requirements with NSA Technical Evaluators.
• Experience with NSA TSRD, IASRD, and FSDA requirements and processes.
• Experience with development of NSA Security Evaluation Document (SED) CDRLs. Multiple programs is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of Type 1, Suite A, Suite B, and Commercial Cryptographic algorithms (Symmetric and Asymmetric).
• Willingness to travel up to 10% of time
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Understanding of Key Management Systems including Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) and Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) as they impact the design of End Cryptographic Units (ECUs)
• Experience with Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework
• Cybersecurity Credential (e.g., CISSP)
• Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly desirable
• A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, Master’s degree highly desired
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.