- 198168 - Machinist
- $18 to $31.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machinist for an opening in Denton, TX
I. Job Summary
Performs various machine operations in cutting and shaping a variety of materials to precision dimensions.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Without help or direction, must be able to:
• Program, setup and operate all CNC equipment such as CNC lathes and CNC mills, OR setup and operate all manual machines such as milling machines, engine lathes, chuckers, and surface grinders.
• Machine and inspect parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Design and build tooling, fixtures and jigs as required.
• Determine methods and sequences of operations to build new parts.
• Select and machine various materials such as aluminum, brass, stainless steel, nylon, Delrin, etc.
• Correctly read and interpret prints/drawings.
• Perform tool grinding on carbide and high-speed tool bits and drills.
• Use shop mathematics including trigonometry.
• Perform precision measuring inspection of parts using micrometers, dial indicators and other instruments.
• Setup and operate all shop secondary machinery such as cutoff saws, drill presses, vises, bench and other tool grinders, abrasive saw, tumblers, etc.
• Perform manual deburring.
• Maintain a sufficient set of personal tools to do your job.
• Understand and accurately complete all shop paperwork such as routings, and lot numbers.
• Produce and maintain set-up sheets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Ability to read and understand work instructions and assembly drawings; ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions; must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Strong basic mathematical skills including trigonometry.
Experience – Technical Skills
• Requires a minimum of five years related experience.
• Computer literate; proficient with common programs.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Excellent manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination; familiarity with various measuring equipment; good understanding of the working qualities of various metals; commitment to excellence and high standards; versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm; acute attention to detail; ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
• Perform routine maintenance on shop machinery such as, oil machines, maintain coolant etc.
• Maintain high quality and safety standards.
• Promote and participate in continuous improvement and team building activities.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by department supervisor.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must have effective communication with all departments.
• Minimum of HS diploma. Some college or trade school preferred.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.