- 198181 - Engineer Structural 2
- Remote Work
- $93.67 to $99.18 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Structural 2 for a Remote opportunity.
• Review requirements for materials, structure systems & subsystems and perform required analyses to demonstrate compliance.
• Create detailed FEA models and perform system and sub-system static and thermal strength/distortion analyses.
• Perform sine, random vibe, and acoustic dynamic analyses and develop notching, response and force limiting. Develop driving load cases for piece part analyses.
• Modelling and analysis of sandwich panels, composite materials, and boned joints. Assess strength based pertinent failure modes of composite structures.
• Document test plans and procedure requirements.
• Spacecraft/aerospace materials experience for metals, adhesives, thermoplastics, etc.
• Participate and present in internal and external (customer) design reviews.
• Strive for the highest possible structural performance that is also cost effective and assures complete reliability.
• Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program team, matrix organization, and customers.
Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of experience.
• Experience with FEA analysis, preferably ANSYS or Femap/NASTRAN, for structural analysis of designs.
• Ability to verify validity of simulation results by hand-calcs and/or comparison with heritage programs
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. Position is remote
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.