- 198406 - Database Administrator 5
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Database Administrator 5 for an opening in El Segundo, CA.
* Coordinate within highly dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment to create/modify spacecraft databases for emerging and legacy proprietary programs addressing new capabilities and performing ongoing maintenance.
* Resolve technical issues at the spacecraft system and subsystem levels. Concurrently plan, budget, and execute the development in support of key milestones. Respond to requests from program leadership in support of internal and external customers.
* Develop and sustain existing database management and viewing applications; as well as troubleshoot and resolve various software issues. Perform database migration activities as required.
* Develop data products according to spacecraft design, factory testing, simulation, launch, mission and on-station operational requirements. Evaluate customer operational database needs to recommend suitable data solutions for mission success.
* Support development of several data systems engineering related software applications used by operational teams for data visualization, validation, and maintenance.
* Contribute to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future system architecture.
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Aerospace Engineering,
* 3 or more years of experience working with relational databases such as MySQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL.
* 3 or more years of experience in software development or test using languages such as java, C++, and/or python.
* Experience with XML Telemetric and Command Exchange (XTCE), Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS) data, and object-oriented design.
* Experience in a collaborative team environment using agile principles and a structured development process including code reviews and automated DevOps processes/tools.
* Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, and Confluence.
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience, 18 years' related work experience, etc.).
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.