- 198606 - Network Communications 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- $52.11 to $65.13 DOE
- 24 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Network Communications 3 for an opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA.
Provide the technical leadership to a team of Network Administrators while maintaining smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs. Responsible to provide network architecture design, configuration, and installation of network hardware in support of customer requirements. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of data and voice networks and computer hardware / software interconnection, as well as interfacing, including routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc. Proposes solutions to management and to customers. Ensures all communication requirements (based on future needs and current usage) are configured to optimize cost savings. Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Developing and documenting technical processes and procedures as needed. Provides regular monitoring, and network analysis, regarding short and long-range planning for [in-house] systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. Designs networks, or portions of networks, including the selection of hardware and software packages. Exhibiting good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers and team members.
• Plan, manage and implement complex network designs in support of customer requirements.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Provide technical leadership to a network team in project designs to clarify project requirements, provide network design solutions, in accordance with standards.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
• Document network hardware and software technology components.
• Install and configure routers, switches and firewalls. (Cisco/Palo Alto)
• Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging), spanning-tree and protocols.
• Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
• Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as VRF, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot encryption/decryption hardware such as Taclanes
• Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
• Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex incidents meeting SLA requirements
" HS diploma with 13 years of experience; Associates with 9 years; Bachelors with 7 years.
• A professional certification specific to the networking industry like a CCNP/CCIE or equivalent.
• Current expertise with network design, architecture, specifications, and equipment selection.
• Expertise with IPv4 and IPv6 network design, including IP subnetting and protocols including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
• Expertise with network device configuration and troubleshooting (ideally, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE)
• Strong understanding of features like GRE, IPSEC, DMVPN, IP quality-of-service, VLANs, and multicast.
• Strong understanding network security features like IP access-lists and stateful protocol inspections.
• Familiar with network management protocols, like SNMP, SSH, syslog, RADIUS/TACACS
• Ability to operate as part of an engineering team, including knowledge of related disciplines.
• Ability to interact with senior customer organizations and personnel.
• Ability to operate with considerable independence, and to self-identify/pursue long-term interests.
• Ability to communicate well, including proficiency with MS Office tools, including PowerPoint and Visio
• Must have at least 2 years of work experience with Cisco hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, or other related networking equipment
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed and carry a company phone for possible support.
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree Network Engineering, a Cisco CCNA-security (or a CCNP), and 10 years of Network design, analysis, and administration of routers, switches, hubs, and firewalls
• Familiar with network management applications, like Splunk, Firepower Management Center (FMC), and/or Cisco ISE.
• Exposure to the Risk Management Framework, associated security controls, and STIGs.
• Familiar with Windows, Linux, and VMWare configuration and troubleshooting.
• Experience with HAIPE/TACLANE and other military COMSEC/CRYPTO equipment and procedures.
• Experience with Cisco Unified Communications / VoIP and VTC
• Experience in the use of network analysis tools (i.e. WireShark, SolarWinds, Opnet, etc.) would be nice to have
• Experience with configuring TACLANES
• Experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based networks
• Experience with managing routing protocols on large LAN environments
• Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
• Demonstrated leadership skills, or previous management of small teams, would be helpful
High school diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
5/40 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.