- 198631 - Wire Design Engineer 3
- Okalhoma City
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Wire Design Engineer 3 for an opening in Oklahoma City, OK.
* Works with customers to develop and document complex avionics, electronic and electrical system requirements and design for labs.
* Analyzes and translates requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
* Analyzes results and performs design reviews
* Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas)
* Supporting programs with the overall integration, Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
* Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design
* Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
* Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
* Participates in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection
Experience in wire design tools such as Mentor Capital, WIRS, CEEDS, and/or an equivalent avionics wire design system is highly desired.
Experience with requirements management software (e.g. DOORS) AND/OR Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Model Based Engineering through-out the development lifecycle.
Experience on aircraft or avionics development program(s) and in engineering labs is a plus.
Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
Accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.