- 198669 - Survivability Engineer 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- Up to $110.20 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Survivability Engineer 3 for an opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA.
The qualified applicant will support a diverse portfolio of research and technology development activities. As part of your assignment, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to determine how survivability technologies can best be integrated into air-based systems.We are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for experienced Low Observable / Survivability Engineers to work on a variety of challenging projects. One area where we are in need of talent is Radar Cross Section (RCS) Analysis.
• Develops and integrates advanced technology to reduce the detectability of aircraft in the electromagnetic spectrum
• Develops and implements predictive analysis codes; builds and tests physical models; designs, develops, and builds test and verification equipment; and develops, tests, and integrates specialty materials
• Works closely with engineers of other disciplines to optimize the integration of this technology on existing and future aircraft
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline and 10+ years of related engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM and 8+ years of related engineering experience
• Applied electromagnetics and/or aircraft survivability; or comprehensive understanding of electromagnetic energy transmission through space and within materials
• Ability to work independently and mentor junior engineers
• Experience in signature integration, RCS design, analysis, and testing
• Strong knowledge of low observables and RCS performance in operational environments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in one or more CAD software solutions such as CATIA, Unigraphics, or NX
• Ability to use CAE and/or FEA tools (i.e. FMS, Patran, Cubit, etc.)
• Proven experience with 3D Method of Moments (MoM) such as SENTRi and 3D Physical Optics (PO) codes such as Xpatch
• Programming experience in C++, MATLAB, Python, or other highly technical languages
• Knowledge and ability with RCS data processing tools, such as Knowbell, Saber, or Pioneer
• Experience proposing and running successful R&D efforts to develop survivable components and technology, including budget, schedule, tasking, and review of technical products.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.