- 198947 - Technical Writer
- NC-North Carolina
- Fort Bragg
- $35 to $55.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Technical Writer for an opening in Fort Bragg, NC
• Research subject matter as required to support document development.
• Develop, edit, maintain and incorporate comments into assigned clients' documents, and facilitate and record proceedings of meetings related to the assigned documents, including producing briefs, presentations, meeting summaries, and other support documents related to assigned documents.
• Support and provide draft Initial Capabilities Document (ICD), Capability Development Documents (COD), and DOTmLPF-P Change Recommendations (OCR) consistent with SOFCIDS standards.
• Draft capabilities-based assessments with sufficient depth and breadth to develop· coherent and well-supported recommendations for later use in the validation process of the identified capability requirements and associated capability gaps to support possible follow-on actions.
• Develop, integrate, and validate the operational, system, and technical architecture data consistent with JS Architecture Data Standards and Joint architectures.
• Synchronize development of integrated architecture products for JCIDS capability documentation.
• Develop architecture in conformance with common data standards to support federation and reuse of architectures.
• Observe and adhere to the proper protocols and requirements for processing, handling, and storing classified materials.
• Integrate the results obtained from affordability analysis and Life-Cycle Costs (LCC) of a proposed acquisition to ensure sufficient long term resourcing strategies.
Basic qualifications include:
• Comprehensive knowledge of processes, procedures, and standards for developing Warfighting Operational Architecture data and products.
• 3 years of experience with developing capability requirements generation and documentation.
• Experience with COD packages, including key performance parameters (KPPs), Key System Attributes (KSA), and Additional Performance Attributes (APAs).
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Defense Acquisition University (DAU) certificates in CLR 101, RQM 1010, CLR 151, CLR 250, CLR 252.
Additional Skills include:
• Experience with military and DoD Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and military strategic planning process.
• Experience as a combat developer or trained in force modification preferred
• Graduate of Advanced Force Management Course preferred.
• BA or BS degree in a technical or engineering field preferred.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.