- 198980 - Linux Systems Administrator
- $46.14 to $53.83 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator for an opportunity in Melbourne, FL.
We are seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join our dynamic team of technical professionals in the Melbourne area. Roles and responsibilities include:
• Perform as a Linux System Administrator for a classified government contract
• Managing and maintaining secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations
• Supporting bare-metal and virtual machines
• Installing, hardening and patching Linux operating systems
• Developing and documenting technical procedures
• Able to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems and mount file systems in Linux environments
• Read, modify and create shell script and scripts in various other languages
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required
• Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments
• Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations
• Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities
• Coordinating actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams and hardware engineers
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or 9 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
• Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
• Experience managing Redhat Linux in a networked environment
Bachelors or Masters Degree in IS related field
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG
• Redhat System Administration certification(s)
• Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT)
• Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels
• Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience
• Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities/ hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs
• Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience
• VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience
• Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat “iptables”)
• Experience building custom “rpm” software packages for Redhat platform
• Solid writing skills
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
High school diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.