- 199064 - Engineer II
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $42 to $47.00 DOE
- 5 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer II for an opening in San Diego, CA.
• Review draft maintenance documentation (Component Maintenance Publications, Engine Manual revisions, etc.) and provide feedback to technical publications personnel. Redline documentation to incorporate latest configuration or
• Review and provide feedback on proposed initial provisioning and other ILS deliverables
• Review and provide feedback on training syllabus and course content
• Prepare In-Service Activity Reports (ISARs) on a monthly basis (internal) and customer ISARs quarterly
• Review and provide feedback on new and updated Ground Support Equipment proposed by the Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) personnel
• Provide customer and repair station feedback to technical publications department for incorporation into the manuals
• Work collaboratively with other stakeholders in Engineering and Program Management to provide answers to customer’s technical requests.
• Follow-up on products performance dashboards.
• Monitor product development and field issues.
• Report and launch the process of technical resolution of in-services issues.
• Actively collect product reliability data from the field, analyze reliability trend and shop finding reports for technical issues
• Proven record of working effectively with internal and external customers and across functions.
• Knowledge on structure and usage of technical documents. Able to suggest improvements and modifications based on product improvements.
• Good organizational and presentation skills. Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel for data analysis
• Knowledge of the basic principles of the logistics flows internal and external to the company and process improvement principles.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands.
• The employee is frequently required to walk.
• The employee will seldom lift and /or move items up to 10 pounds.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
• The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or
• The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical discipline preferred, or demonstrated competency in Service Engineering or related field in Customer Support. Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in customer support or technical support in the aerospace industry preferred. Excel in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
7:00 am to 8:00 am/ 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x306 or (800) 927-9318 x306
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.